A happy child comes from a family that has effective child rearing styles, creating a positive and durable child rearing atmosphere. The positive engagement of caregivers often leads to children who are happy and compliant -- with significant social and moral maturity -- and therefore make a positive contribution to the community at large.
- Every child is a fully functioning person -- an independent, unique being with great value and worth.
- Children have specific developmental needs.
- Love and Protection start in the home.
- Children cannot grow and develop well without positive relationships.
- Strong links between family and the wider community protect children.
- Abuse occurs. Help is available.
- Every adult is a duty bearer and has a responsibility to help make their community a safer place for children and vulnerable people.
- The manner in which you discipline your child has a profound impact upon them.